Swiss ETC Team
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -45%
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go ...
Voir le deal
1099.99 €

Gotrek

Gotrek from the other side Empty Gotrek from the other side

Jeu 24 Mai - 14:56
Salut a tous! Smile

So I'm one of the last remaining players from the german-speaking part of Switzerland (at least for the moment)! I started the hobby with Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves around 16 years ago, but switched over to 40k quite soon.

My main armies are Blood Angels and other sorts of power armor, and Tau if I just feel like shooting things off the table without having to move my models Razz. I mostly enjoy playing elite armies with relatively few, but strong units that allow for very tactical play to eliminate the opponents key units with surgical precision. Figuring out robust lists that can handle a streak of bad luck and bad matchups is something I enjoy a lot, and as an engineer I often mathhammer a lot of my units before going to an event. In the game I definitely play to win, but I also try to play fair without a win-at-all-costs attitude. I try to always remind my opponent about his forgotten psychic phase or Feel no Pain rolls, since winning on a technicality is not what competitive warhammer is about.

After participating in tournaments for a few years, I joined the ETC team first in 2014 after being invited by Fabio, a player from Zürich. I played a list with 3 Dark Angels Land Raiders and 6 Centurions. It was maybe not the most effective list, but the strange concept also surprised a good number of people, and I did quite alright with them. The best part was where I killed a Dark Eldar character with a rerollable 2+ save with the first Multimelta shot of the game, which essentially gave me the win right there  :cheers:I again participated in 2015 with 3 Imperial Knights and 7 Dark Eldar Venoms, and still don't quite know how we managed to get 4th place, but I fondly remember getting a draw against one of the German Necron player in the first round, and generally stomping a lot of Wraiths into the ground.

Overall, I really like the whole atmosphere around ETC. The teamspirit is great, and discussing with other people during the months before brings a whole new understanding of the game. At the tournament itself the atmosphere is awesome, and while the games are very competitive, almost every opponent I played was a cool and fair guy. The overall sportsmanship is much better than what rumors would make you believe, and many games ended with mutual buying of beers drunken

If life and work allows, I am looking forward to attending future ETCs, and hopefully see more new people there as well!